Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fun Technology!

I have noticed that at some point, non-professional bloggers have a post that says, "It's been a while since I've posted.  Life has been busy..."

Well, this is mine. :) 

I've been working temporary jobs while trying to start a new business. And if you've started a new business, you know that you rarely have "free" time. That's where I'm at. 

But I found a cool new toy. Actually, I've seen them around, but didn't know really what they are. They are the QR code, or Quick Response. These codes were developed by car manufacturers in the 90's to keep track of parts. Somehow, they've morphed into becoming a code to quickly link to various pieces of information. I've seen them on newspapers, magazines, the occasional Facebook post. 

I found an App that will read these little squares. Then I was curious - is there a way I can use a QR code to my benefit? A quick look-up on the internet, and I found a QR generator. And literally, just a minute later, and I have my own QR code to link to my Facebook page! 

So here you go - check out my new business! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment