Sunday, May 29, 2011

Records, Mine and Otherwise

Summer has arrived in west Texas - a full 25 days early. Yesterday we broke a record set in 1927 (107) for the high - 110 degrees! I grew up in Phoenix, so the next phrase is a reflex - "But it's a dry heat." The humidity was about 10%, which does help, along with the constant winds in this area.

The point of this is, with the extra time I've had on my hands recently, I decided to start walking again. I forgot how much I actually enjoy it! The spring weather has been so nice, and I've explored our new neighborhood. I wanted to get a pedometer (because I'm a little geeky and wanted to measure and compare), and guess what - there's an app for that! The downside is that it tells me I really need to put more into this. :)



Now that it's hot, I think I'm walking at the mall beginning tomorrow. Summer is usually my hibernation time, but I really want to improve those stats! Ignoring Chick-Fil-A may be a challenge though.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for walking in that kind of heat!! I want to start walking but am waiting on allergies to clear up a bit.

    I know what you mean about dry heat. I spent a summer in California once and was amazed that although it was extremely hot, I didn't sweat.

    Jeanine
    http://dressmytruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete